21 April 2021
Dr. Vladimir Cmiljanovic, CEO of RocketVax, gave an interview to Swiss SRF 1 radio about the progress of RVX-13 – a second-generation SARS-CoV-2 vaccine:
Source: SRF 1 Radio
The most important differences between RVX-13, RocketVax’s SARS-CoV-2 vaccine, and the first-generation vaccines are as follows:
1. RVX-13 induces a comprehensive activation of the immune system. Unlike the first-generation vaccines, which only target the spike protein, RVX-13 contains all the SARS-CoV-2’s structural proteins. This provokes a significantly broader antibody response and reduces the risk of a ‘viral escape’.
2. The helper T cell response is activated. When a person is infected with a virus, viral proteins are also presented to helper T cells as a second line of defense (cellular immunity). As RVX-13 contains all the possible epitopes and not only those of the spike protein, this leads to a significantly improved T cells response.
3. Cytotoxic (‘killer’) T cell response. Our vaccine enters the cells, and SARS-CoV-2 proteins are produced in those cells, like the current mRNA vaccines producing only the Spike protein. The viral proteins are then presented to the cytotoxic T cells. RVX-13 contains over 70% of the relevant ‘killer’ T cell epitopes of SARS-CoV-2 – a repertoire that extends far beyond the Spike protein.
4. SARS-CoV-2 mutations will less heavily impact the efficacy of RVX-13. Mutations in the spike protein are reducing and increasingly threatening the efficacy of first-generation vaccines. The efficacy of RVX-13, which provides the immune system with the full palette of viral antigens, is therefore not entirely dependent on the spike protein.
5. No adjuvants are required. Because our vaccine does not require any adjuvant substances to strengthen or stabilize it, such as PEG (polyethylene glycol), allergic reactions are avoided. The ‘natural packaging’ of RVX-13 in a virus particle stands in contrast to the conventional mRNA vaccines.
6. Simple transportation and storage. Compared to the mRNA vaccines, our RVX-13 vaccine remains stable at ambient air temperatures for longer, making it easier to store and distribute.
7. No pre-existing immunity. There are no foreign vector sequences contained in the RVX-13 that could lead to immunogenicity, a reduced level of protection, or a weaker reaction to COVID-19. This means that having previously been infected with SARS-CoV-2 or having previously received a COVID-19 vaccine does not prevent someone from receiving the RVX-13 vaccine.
22 April 2021
“There is light at the end of the tunnel. Progress is being made in vaccines against SARS-CoV-2, if somewhat slowly, particularly in Switzerland. They promise a return to normality, though they are not without setbacks. The vector vaccines developed by AstraZeneca and Johnson & Johnson are under fire following cases of thrombosis in younger women. […]
20 April 2021
When the ongoing coronavirus pandemic broke out at the start of 2020, Swiss Rockets AG set itself the challenge of manufacturing a vaccine that activates multiple lines of immune system defense to combat SARS-CoV-2 most effectively. To achieve this mission, it founded the Basel-based subsidiary RocketVax AG in the summer of 2020. To start working […]
09 April 2021
CEO of RocketVax, Dr. Vladimir Cmiljanovic, explains for Kanal 5 TV Macedonia his opinion on how China has managed to control the pandemic rapidly and effectively. During the interview, Dr. Cmiljanovic also talked about the development of the second-generation SARS-CoV-2 vaccine, RVX-13, that will provide long-lasting immunity. “The first reason is that the socialist system […]
16 March 2021
CEO of RocketVax, Dr. Vladimir Cmiljanovic, gave an interview about the development of the second-generation SARS-CoV-2 vaccine for RTS (Serbian Broadcasting Corporation). “The first-generation vaccines are focused on one of the virus’s proteins – the so-called spike protein. They train our immune system by exposing the coronavirus spike protein to our immune cells. The so […]
09 February 2021
The Rocket Vaccine against the coronavirus will be the most effective in the defense against this vicious disease because it is the only one containing the actual, synthetically generated virus. A team of experts from Switzerland, led by Dr. Vladimir Cmiljanovic, deserves credit for that invention. What is the progress of the clinical trials? When […]